Car towing services are very handy when you need an emergency tow. But, like any service, you should be prepared for their arrival. Car Wreckers Adelaide explains here five things that you should do before the car towing services arrive:
What Are The Top 5 Things to Do Before Car Towing Services Arrive?
- Find a safe place to pull over: If you’re on the side of the road, make sure you’re as far away from traffic as possible. If you’re in a parking lot, find a spot that’s well-lit and easily visible to tow truck drivers.
- Turn on your hazard lights: This will help make your car more visible to other drivers and let the tow truck driver know that you’re aware of their presence.
- Put your car in the park: Once you’ve found a safe place to pull over, put your car in park and set the emergency brake.
- Gather your personal belongings: You’ll want to have your purse, wallet, phone, and other valuables with you when the tow truck arrives.
- Call the tow truck company: Give them your location and let them know what type of vehicle you have so they can send the appropriate size truck.
When is Car Towing Necessary?
The location of the accident and the condition of the vehicle. If the accident is severe and occurred in a remote location, it may be necessary to tow the vehicle to get it to a safe place for repairs. Additionally, if the vehicle is not drivable due to damage sustained in the accident, it will need to be towed for repairs.
Tips on How to Plan & Avoid Disaster
Assuming that you are stranded on the side of the road and need to call a tow truck, there are certain things you can do to make the situation less stressful and more manageable.
- First and foremost, remain calm. Getting upset or angry will not help the situation and will only make it worse.
- Secondly, try moving your car off the road and into a safe location. This will make it easier for the tow truck to access your vehicle and also prevent any further damage to your car.
- Next, assess the situation and see if there are any immediate dangers, such as oncoming traffic or bad weather conditions. If it is safe to do so, stay with your car until the tow truck arrives. This will help ensure your car is not stolen or vandalized while away.
- Finally, be prepared to give the tow truck driver all the necessary information about your car, such as the make, model, and license plate number. This readily available information will speed up the process and get you on your way sooner.
Car Buyer Adelaide hopes our tips have helped you prepare for car towing services. Remember, towing can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be if you’re prepared. With these five things taken care of ahead of time, you can rest assured that the process will go smoothly without any hitch.